TGIF! Now that I’m heading back to the real world next week, this upcoming weekend actually seems like a weekend. And today we had a fun Friday lunch.
Jalopeno Popper Won Tons, yields 24 won tons
These won tons are a fun twist on jalapeño poppers. The filling is creamy with a little bit of crunch and just enough kick. If you don’t have a food processor, you can mince the jalapeños by hand and make the filling using a mixer. Each won ton has ~ 90 calories.
- 2 oz jarred jalapeños, drained
- 1 Tbsp juice from jalapeño jar
- 8 oz Neufchâtel cheese (1/3 reduced-fat cream cheese)
- 1/4 cup Panko style bread crumbs
- 24 won ton wraps
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit. Prepare two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Use a food processor to pulse jalapeños until minced. Add jalapeño juice, cream cheese, and bread crumbs to processor and pulse until well combined.
- Lay out won ton wraps in a flat area, with a small bowl of water set nearby.
- Spoon a half Tbsp or so of filling into the center of each wrap.
- Wet a finger and run it along the edges of a wrap. Fold the wrap over diagonally, forming a triangle with filling in the center. Firmly press around the edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining won tons.
- Place on prepared sheets and give the tops a spritz of cooking spray. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until crispy.
Course 1 was a simple salad. Romaine lettuce, yogurt Casear dressing, and buckwheat groats.
Course 2 was 6 jalapeño won tons.
So freaking good! I ate mine with duck sauce.
But sweet and sour sauce would be nice too. And dipping them into a cheddar fondue would be epic!
How you do like your jalapeño poppers, with cream cheese or cheddar? I’m obsessed with cream cheese poppers but won’t even glance at the other kind.