Adam adored my Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies so much that I just had to make a variation for our holiday party. These have a similar texture to the originals but have been jazzed up a bit with cinnamon. If you can’t locate the cinnamon M&M’s (I found mine at Target) you could substitute an equal amount of cinnamon morsels.
Yield: 50 small cookies; Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon extract
- 2 and 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup cinnamon M&M’s
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Farenheit. Prepare ungreased baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and cinnamon extract.
- Working in small batches but taking care not to overmix, beat dry mixture into wet.
- Stir oats, m&m’s, and chocolate chips into the dough.
- Drop tsp-sized balls in even rows on baking sheets. Bake for 13 – 15 minutes. Cookies will not really brown, but you are looking for there to no longer be any areas that appear raw.
- Cool on trays for 2-3 minutes then remove to cool completely.