Looking for a recipe to add to your holiday rotation?
This recipe is coming a few days late, but I couldn’t skip it because these cookies are just too good! Adam has declared them the best oatmeal cookies he’s ever had and I ate at least 7 of them as they came out of the oven.
The mix of flavors is perfect, the texture is spot on, and the dried cranberries just feel fancier than raisins. Brag much, Emily? Yes, but I promise that these cookies are worth tooting my own horn.
Oatmeal Cranberry Pecan Cookies
Yield: 4 dozen; Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 and 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cranberry pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Farenheit. Prepare ungreased baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place cranberry pecans in a small bowl and use the bottom of a sturdy, plastic cup to crush them into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Working in small batches but taking care not to overmix, beat dry mixture into wet.
- Stir oats, pecans, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips into the dough.
- Drop Tbsp sized balls in even rows on baking sheets. Bake for 13 – 15 minutes. Cookies will not really brown, but you are looking for there to no longer be any areas that appear raw.
- Cool on trays for 2-3 minutes then remove to cool completely.
*Full disclosure – the cranberry pecans were provided by Oh! Nuts as a free sample.