This quick bread comes together in a snap and feels festive without being too sweet. I used traditional, full fat eggnog for this recipe so I can’t guarantee it’ll work with a lighter variety. Be sure not to skimp on the nutmeg!
Recipe loosely adapted from Jenna’s Cinnamon Walnut Bread.
Makes: 1 loaf; Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 45 – 50 minutes
- 2 cups plus 1/2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. In a small bowl, whisk egg. In another small bowl, toss butterscotch chips with 1/2 tsp flour to coat.
- In a large bowl, mix 2 cups flour, baking soda, nutmeg, salt, and sugar.
- Stir in egg and eggnog, taking care not to overmix. Fold floured butterscotch chips into dough.
- Pour dough into a greased loaf pan and bake for 45 – 50 minutes, until top is browned and an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting. Drizzle glaze over slices as desired.
For eggnog glaze
Whisk together 2/3 cup powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp eggnog. Store glaze in a covered container in the fridge until ready to serve.