The Cheesecake Factory is the husband’s and my favorite chain restaurant. CF is the food of the Gods, but the portions are also God-like. I know that no matter what I order there, including a salad, my meal will end up being at least two servings.
If you have the control not to devour the whole plate, two meals in one are great – instant lunch! But what if you like to order salads, invariably soggy by the next day? Here’s what I do –
- Order your salad with dressing on the side.
- Request a take-out box as soon as your meal comes.
- Portion half of your salad into the take-out box, set aside.
- Top remaining salad with desired amount of dressing and dig in.
- Enjoy a delicious, crisp salad at tomorrow’s lunch.
I added a little Newman’s Own Asian Sesame dressing from home for lunch today.
– No matter what salad I order at CF, the dressing I request on the side is always spicy peanut cilantro vinaigrette. It is ridiculous good, I would lick it off the floor.
– My favorite salad is the Fresh Vegetable Salad (from the appetizer menu but still a solid two servings). The toppings are all fun, but not in a bacon-ranch-crouton-I-just-gained-20pounds-from-a-salad kind of way. Asparagus, Green Beans, Tomato, Cucumber, Roasted Beets, Apple, Edamame, Radicchio, Romaine and White Cheddar.
2 thoughts on “How To: Order a Salad at the Cheesecake Factory”
I’ve never been to CF, but I’ve heard great things about it! The salad looks delicious!
I got the small salad $3.95 which is enough for one. Very good. Also, there rye bread is to die for. I could have made a meal out of that alone. The Shepard’s Pie is the best I have ever had. They are very expensive but worth it.