Are you starting to look for an afternoon snack? Because this mug cake takes less than three minutes from start to finish.
This dessert isn’t super gooey so it won’t win “Best S’more” any time soon, but it is quick, easy, and sweet – aka a damn fine mug cake. I use verbs like “cream” and “fold” in the instructions but go ahead and use a spoon as your utensil for all of the steps.
Feel free to play around with mini marshmallows or cinnamon graham crackers to suit your fancy.
S’mores Mug Cake, serves 1
- 1.5 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 level Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 1.5 Tbsp Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
- 1 sheet honey graham cracker, crumbled
- Place butter in the bottom of a deep coffee mug. Microwave 10 seconds until soft.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Whisk in the egg white and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour and baking powder. Then fold in 1 Tbsp each chocolate chips and mallow bits.
- Top with graham cracker crumbles and remaining chocolate chips and mallow bits.
- Microwave 50 – 75 seconds until fully cooked. The time will depend on the strength of your microwave; cook for 40 seconds and then continue to microwave for 10 second increments, checking for desired doneness.