This fun, easy spin on enchiladas is one of my favorites. The tuna works as a cheap, healthy protein source and this dish is satisfying without being too rich. If you chose to make this dish with a red salsa instead of green, be sure to add a few Tbsp of lemon juice to the mix.
Yield: 4 – 6 servings; Prep Time: 20 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tsp evoo
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- (2) 10 oz cans tuna
- 1/2 cup plus 1 cup green tomatillo salsa
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 4 Tbsp light half and half
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded taco or Mexican-style cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Heat evoo in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and peppers to oil and brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add tuna and 1/2 cup salsa to veggies and cook 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon 2 T filling into each tortilla and place into a 8×11 inch casserole, seam-side down. Too keep tortillas from cracking and breaking, it is helpful to cover them with a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the last cup of salsa with half and half. Spoon mixture over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over casserole and bake 20 minutes.