Another old standby recipe that’s become our new favorite after an infusion of Asian flavors. Inspired by the Vietnamese Bahn Mi sandwich, the sweet pickled vegetables help handle the heat from the Sriracha. The carrots and cucumber just need to quick pickle, letting them soak while you prep the rest of your ingredients should be enough time, but feel free to let them hang out overnight if that works better for you.
Yields: 4 servings; Hands-on Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 16 oz cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, cucumber, sugar, vinegar, and salt. Let sit, stirring occasionally, for at least 20 minutes.
- Drain all of the liquid off of the vegetables.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss until well-combined.