This egg casserole – aka crustless quiche – comes together in a snap; the hands-on time is less than 10 minutes. I’ve posted this recipe under “Breakfast,” but we actually eat it for dinner.
Yields: 4 entree-sized servings; Prep Time: <10 minutes; Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (we use fat-free half and half)
- salt and peppper
- 3 oz sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 oz fresh chives, chopped
- 5 oz shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Prepare a 8×8 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray (or olive oil, butter, etc, just make it non-stick!).
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and salt and pepper. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining ingredients evenly over the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until eggs are baked through and the top is beginning to brown.