You’ll note that this is just my spinach and artichoke dip recipe with hummus subbing for mayo. It’s hard to improve on the traditional spinach and artichoke dip but this hummus-filled adaptation is just begging for a crudities. The creamy texture and cheesy flavor are both elevated by the velvety garlic hummus. This substitution cut more than 800 calories from the original recipe.
Yield: 12 servings; Prep Time: 8 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 5 oz frozen chopped spinach; thawed completely
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, 2 Tbsp reserved
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Wring out the spinach to remove as much moisture as possible. It may be helpful to microwave it for 20 seconds or to squeeze between two paper towels.
- Place spinach and artichoke hearts together in a medium bowl. Use a fork to mash for 1 – 2 minutes; this will help to de-clump the spinach and break up any large pieces of artichoke.
- Stir hummus and Parmesan (minus 2 Tbsp) into the vegetables.
- Pour the dip into a pie pan and use a spatula to spread evenly. Top with remaining 2 Tbsp of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm with chips and/or fresh veggies.