This recipe is a spin on the original, but it has the key pesto components – cheese, pine nuts and oil – and doesn’t taste “healthy” at all. It is fresh and nutty and works well wherever you would use a traditional pesto. This recipe yields 11 ounces. (A 1 ounce serving contains 94.7 calories)
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Working in small batches, pulse spinach and oil in a food processor until. Be sure to process until smooth, don’t stop when you’ve reached the grass cuttings consistency.
- Add parmesan and pine nuts and continue to process until well-combined.
- Can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.