This topper is a great mix of juicy and creamy, the perfect vegan alternative to people who enjoy smearing yogurt on their pancakes and waffles. The ingredients below are for one serving but the recipe is easily multiplied.
- 1cup berries (I went with mostly blueberry and a few blackberries)*
- 1/3cup almond milk
- 1T corn starch
- 1T sugar
- Warm a small pot over low heat. Add berries to pot and warm until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together 2T almond milk with cornstarch.
- Add thickened liquid to berries and stir to combine, 1minute.
- Add the remainder of the almond milk to the pot and raise heat to medium.
- Stir sugar into berries. Cook 5more minutes, stirring occasionally.
*If using frozen berries instead of fresh you may want to drain off some of the liquid before adding the almond milk