This is the perfect thing to spread on pancakes or waffles (and honestly is pretty darn good eaten straight with a spoon!). The recipe below is for one serving but can be easily multiplied. This is an awesome vegan treat, but if you prefer you can easily sub in cow’s milk and butter.
- 1T butter substitute
- 1T flour
- 2T almond milk
- medium brown banana (the riper the banana the sweeter the final product will be)
- In a small bowl, mash the banana with a fork until it has reached a homogeneous consistency. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat, swirling occasionally to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Whisk the flour into the butter, 1minute.
- When the mixture has thickened, whisk in the almond milk.
- Carefully stir the banana into the roux.