This was originally a Rachael Ray recipe but I made enough changes that I feel safe calling it my own. It is super easy, especially because you can make any/all of the components ahead of time and throw it together in a snap.
Lazier Chicken, serves 4
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2C balsamic vinegar
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2C dry white wine
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4C curly parsley
- 1/2C reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- (My advice is to do this a day in advance) rub chicken with balsamic vinegar and cook in a 350* oven for 40minutes. When chicken has cooled, chop into bite sized pieces.
- Preheat oven to 450*, foil a baking sheet and wipe with a little evoo. Lay tomatoes in an even layer and cook for 20minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan to medium-high and heat a little evoo. Cook onions for 3-5minutes.
- Add white wine to pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add zucchini to pan in a single layer and cover and cook for 8-10minutes, until wine has evaporated.
- In a baking dish, layer chicken, onions and zucchini, tomato, parsley, and cheese.
- Bake for 8-10minutes, until cheese has browned.