Broccoli and kale are two of the most antioxidant-rich vegetables (source) and they team up in this dish to make a mightily healthy bowl of pasta. This recipe was loosely inspired by a few healthy-living magazines but I made enough changes to make it my own.
Serves: 4; Prep time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 6 bags green tea
- 2.5 cups short pasta, dry
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups fresh kale, torn
- 14.5oz can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 3/4 cup fat-free ricotta
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place tea bags and 8 cups of water in a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Once water has been boiling for at least 30 seconds remove tea bags.
- Add pasta to pot and cook according to manufacturer instructions. Add broccoli and kale to pasta in the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Strain cooked pasta and veggies and add to bowl. Toss to combine.