Everything that’s right in a s’more, intensified. You end up with a buttery crust of graham crackers, ooey gooey chocolate brownie, and a toasted marshmellow in each serving.
Yield: 9 large brownies; Prep Time: 20 minutes; Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 22 sheets graham crackers (4 rectangles = 1 sheet)
- 12 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 squares Baker’s unsweetened chocolate
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg and 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 9 marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350*.
- Place graham crackers in a large freezer baggie and bang at them like crazy with a rolling pin or sturdy plastic cup. A few chunks are ok, but overall you want crumbs. Add 1/4 cup sugar to the bag and shake to combine.
- Place 8 Tbsp of butter in an 8×8 inch baking dish. Microwave until completely melted.
- Pour crumbs into butter and stir until all of the crumbs are wet. Press the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish with a fork. Set aside.
- Place baking chocolate and 6 Tbsp butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted.
- Stir 1 cup sugar into chocolate-butter mixture. Set aside and allow bowl to cool for 3-5 minutes so you don’t’ scramble your eggs.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Fold in flour. Then fold in chocolate chips.
- Carefully pour batter over graham cracker crust, using a spatula to spread to the edges of the pan.
- 10. Imagine drawing a 3×3 grid over the top of the pan, dividing it into 9 sections. Place a marshmallow horizontally into the batter in the middle of each square (i.e. the center of each brownie).
- Bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.