Perfect for stirring into yogurt or spreading on ginger cookies. Curd will keep up to two weeks if stored in the refrigerator. This recipe makes approximately 1.5 cups of key lime curd.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup key lime juice
- 1/2 cup butter; roughly chopped into Tbsps
- Whisk together sugar, eggs, and juice in a thick-bottomed saucepan. Place over medium-high heat, whisking continuously.
- When bubbles start to form around the edge of the pot, add butter to the mixture.
- Cook 10 – 15* minutes until thickened, whisking continuously. *You want the liquid to be at a simmer so you may need to reduce the heat around 5 minutes to prevent boiling.
- Allow to cool slightly before pouring into a jar to store. Place in the fridge and cool completely before serving.