Be prepared going in – this is like nothing else that will come out of your ice cream maker! The texture is similar to regular ice cream, just a tad bit softer, but the taste is 100% original. The tang of the Greek yogurt and the sweet from the honey come through in small doses, but the olive oil totally shines through.
To make one creamy quart -
- 2 cups plain fat free Stonyfield yogurt
- 2 cups plain fat free Oikos Greek style yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until combined. Be sure to stir until you’ve gotten any Greek yogurt lumps out.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
For a more traditional froyo texture enjoy straight from the ice cream maker. For a firmer texture freeze for 2hours in a covered container.