This granola is cooked on the stove top so it comes together in a snap! The end results belie the speed of the process though; this is perfectly crunchy and sweet.
- 2/3 cup raw oats
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp vanilla soy milk
- Toast the oats in a skillet over medium heat. 2-4minutes, but use your nose and eyes to guide you.
- Remove oats to another container and lightly wipe any oat dust out of your pan.
- Add sugar and water to pan and allow to caramelize. Do NOT stir, just lightly swirl the pan with the handle. Cook just until a light brown color develops.
- Carefully pour soy milk into caramelized sugar. Turn off the heat, and return toasted oats to pan.
- Using a wooden spatula, fold mixture together until well-combined.
- Spread onto a flat surface and allow to dry.
Each 1/3 cup serving has ~200 calories.