Hello again, dog.
If Webster had to compile a list of his favorite foods I think it would look something like this:
- coffee (he is obsessed and begs like crazy whenever he smells that Adam or I have a cup)
- chicken (we pronounce it chick-ON chick-ON in this house)
- peanut butter
- apple slices
Since Webster is my favorite little dog, I make his treats from scratch. For this round of pupsicles I managed to squeeze in most of his favorites -
Apple Cheddar Peanut Butter Pupsicles; yields 20 frozen treats
- 4 oz sharp cheddar
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Cut the cheese into fourths and use a food processor to crumble it. (You can probably make these in the blender, just shred your cheese first.)
- Add yogurt, applesauce, and peanut butter to the bowl and process until well-combined.
- Spoon the mixture into clean ice-cube trays and freeze until solid.
What are your dogs’ favorite foods?