This is another thing made during last week’s blog hiatus that I just couldn’t bear not to share with you guys. The idea’s been floating around my head for months, and I’ve had to tweak a few not quite right batches, but I think I finally hit upon the perfect recipe.
Biscoff Hot Chocolate, serves 2
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 Tbsp Biscoff spread (you may want to give this 30 seconds in the microwave to make it a little easier to work with)
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring milk to a simmer.
- Whisk cocoa powder into simmering milk. When cocoa has been fully incorporated, whisk in Biscoff spread.
- Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally and raising or reducing the heat as needed to keep the liquid at a simmer.
- Pour into two mugs and serve immediately.
This hot chocolate is only a little bit sweet, but it has great notes of Biscoff in every sip. It is also gloriously thick! I had to save Adam’s serving for later and I discovered that if you put this in the fridge for 30 minutes it basically turns to Chocolate Biscoff Pudding!
Which is your favorite – Nutella, Biscoff Spread, or something wonderful I haven’t even heard of yet?