I hope everyone is having a great Monday. Mine has been full of all sorts of good news so far -
- I got a 95% on the final and ended up with an A- in Anthropology
- I finished my first set of Chemistry classes with an A in 102
- My leg hasn’t hurt for the 3rd day in a row (more on what that means below)
- Our plans are all set to visit Adam’s brother this weekend
As you might guess, I’m in a pretty good mood And all good days start with good breakfasts.
Stonyfield Blueberry Fat Free Yogurt with All-Bran Wheat Flakes (my final sample box) and fresh blackberries.
I’m going to be volunteering again for the next three weeks, so after breakfast I headed off to the hospital. It felt so good to be back I ended up staying long over my time-commitment.
My late lunch was a veggie sensation.
I finally got to try the Nut-Butter Crusted Parsnip Fries blogworld has been raving about.
I tossed 1.5cups of peeled and chopped ‘snips in 2T of SunButter, then sprinkled them with salt and baked at 400* for 30minutes. Here is the original recipe. Angela was right, they are life-changing; I want to eat this every day!
I also had 1/2 cup of vegetarian baked beans.
Eat More Veggies Tip # 1 – Don’t be afraid to test their versatility, most veggies can go savory or sweet.
Eat More Veggies Tip # 2 – Canned veggies are just as healthy, and because they are non-perishable to easy to always have them on hand.
While I wait for lunch to digest, I will tell what about what I consider to be the best news of all: I can run again!!!!! My doctor told me that my leg wouldn’t stop hurting until the fracture was fully healed, so 3 days without pain should mean I’m good to go. I want to be able to keep running, so I’m going to be VERY careful. i.e. -
- icing as much as possible
- stretching every day
- working on leg strength training 3x a week
- never running 2 days in a row
- taking things really really slowly. This first week I’m only going to let myself run for 5minutes. And I’m not going to cross-train either until I’m sure I’m really healed.
So in just a bit I’ll be off to the gym, so exciting! I’ll let you know how it goes over dinner.
Veggies eaten so far today: 2cups
Gotten any good news lately you’d like to share? Brag away!